Goodreads is definitely one of my favorite website. I visit there everyday, to view what other readers are reading and get inspired to read more. This year, I managed to read 47 so far ( It will be 48 before the year officially ends), and I credit goodreads from where I discovered most of the tittles and filled by To-be-Read list.
Here are the books that I have read in 2015 ( Screen short from the goodreads report )
Books without cover on the above picture
- Tamarind History by Sundara Ramaswamy
- Invisible Cities by Italo Calvino
Favorite reading moments of 2015
- Discovering that Gabriel Garcia Marquez is also an excellent short story writer (Do read his Strange Pilgrims to experience the magic of his short-story writing)
- Finally completing Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell after 5 months. Just like well aged whiskey, this book is suggested to enjoy in small pegs.
- Speaking of small pegs, Invisible cities by Italo Calvino is a book that you can read a page a day before you sleep. You will be smiling in your dreams, I can assure.
- Can the greatest authors of the genre collaborate together and create a masterpiece? The answer is Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman.
- Finally read the books by Hakuri Murakami and understood why his fans are like his fans (I read 3 books by him this year- none before. So, am I in that club already ? )
- Frank McCourt’s Angela’s Ashes proved that even tragic memoir can be a fun read too.
- The moment when I started reading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society. It is my favorite book of the year.
- Naseeruddin Shah‘s candid memoir took me to 70s of film industry and it is the best book from Bollywood by far.
Do share your favorite 2015 reading moments and books. I will love to read your comments. And Merry Christmas everyone.