A week has already passed of the new year and everyone is looking forward for another year of big promise that will eventually disappoint them (and they call me optimistic 😛 )
But I am still looking back at 2014, but only in terms of books. First of all, I am glad that I completed my Goodreads challenge. I started the year with the initial target of 25 books but gradually increased my target to 45 and read 46 books.
Here are the tittles that I read this year
Favorite books from 2014’s list :
I really envy people who can name one favorite book or author. I can’t do that so, here are my 10 favorite books from 2014, in no particular order.
1. Em and the big hoom by Jerry Pinto (Book Review)
2. And the Mountain Echoed by Khaled Hosseini (Book Review)
3. The Illicit Happiness of other people by Manu Joseph (Bonus Read:Book Review by Sanjay Gopinath )
4. Breakfast at Tiffany’s by Trueman Capote (Bonus Read: My Own Breakfast at Tiffany’s)
5. The book Thief by Markus Zusak (Bonus Read: 5 Reasons to love The book thief )
6. Cuckold by Kiran Nagrarkar (Book Review)
7. Narcopolis by Jeet Thayil (Book Review )
8. Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri (Book Review)
9. On writing by Stephen King (Book Review)
10. Down and Out in Paris and London by George Orwell
Reading Challenge 2015
For 2015, I have challenged myself to read 35 books (almost 3 books in a month), but I hope I read 50 😛
Do tell me about your reading pledge for 2015.