Which was the last watchable Airtel Commercial ?

Remember those irritating courtship couples from the Airtel commercial. Their discussion on the separate veg and non-veg section on a night before their wedding, the selfie marathon on IM and their other disastrous all-night talks.  It was impossible to watch television without those commercials.

Yeah this girl in particular
Yeah this girl in particular

Well, roll the calender to a month, and there is new commercial that is equally mindless.

Here is the commercial I am talking about

So why this dumb commercial is so stupid:

We are feminist but still sanskari :

What is unusual when your boss gives a tight deadline to a project and entertains no negotiation? Its like everyday at work. But no, when its delivered by saree warped boss to a hipster looking subordinate, there is more to the story. Because our sanskari boss have to go back home and cook for her beloved husband, who is still working, because she said so.

We love to Stereotype

So, the lady boss has a driver who is driving her from work to home but no cook. I think so the ad-makers decided that Priya, the saree boss, can only afford one paid help, so let him be a driver because women folks are generally not good drivers and are usually good in cooking, so let her cook. I dont know if there was a male boss in there, he had to cook.

In office:Wife= Boss= Priya. But in the mobile: Priya=Boss=Wife

In office, he calls his wife/boss by her first name, but when his mobile rings, it shows the name “wife”. I am yet to find someone who saves wife’s number as “wife”, rather than the name itself. Again,lazy writing for the commercial.

Orders to over-time and then suggest to ignore it.

Step 1: “You have to finish this big project today. You have no bloody option…hahaha”

Step 2: while leaving- “Are you doing alright assh*le ?Call me when you are bored”- still giving the devil boss looks

Step 3: “I am reaching home in chauffeur driven car. As we don’t give fuck to wasting petrol by going in separate vehicles, what do you want to have for dinner, my Chubbylobby.”

Step 4: “Come home  my boytoy, I am bored.”

Step 5: “Oh damn you “bohot kaam”. Come home now, I am your boss at home and at work…hahahaha. Fuck the project, I wanna do some spanking.”

We love Sci-fi (the video calling at the end)

Have you ever tried video calling in India, like in any network? The v-call of the ad was like science fiction. Never-ever , video call happens of that quality. Never, in this country. And so much food lady, did you cook for the entire office ?

Conclusion

• If it was really a smart phone network commercial, why not show “work from Home” rather than video calling that no body uses.
  • If the wife really wanted to be romantic, why not stay back and help hubby in project, leave the office together, make/order dinner together and then watch Crime Patrol (or any other similar romantic show they like )together.
  • This commercial is not about  Women Empowerment or breaking stereotype, but rather hypocrite and dumb.

What are your thoughts about this commercial ?

Also on my blog

Thoughts on World Population

Day

31 Comments Add yours

1. rumadak says:

LOL !! You took it took seriously. If you do a post-mortem like this on any commercial, they all end up in same pool!
    Nonetheless, it was a humorous post!

1. Actually I was in a bad mood when I saw this commercial. I was like WTF ! And then I read someone in newspaper praising it, which made me mad. Hence the post :p

Glad you enjoyed the post 🙂

Liked by 1 person

2. vatsalok says:

OMG, never thought this commercial from this angle 🙂 Honestly did saw it once only and very much found this analysis as a perfect one 🙂

1. Thank you Alok. Glad you liked my analysis. How it is possible to see it only once? Its on TV all the time. I wish I had seen it only once :p

1. vatsalok says:

Its because did not getting any chance to watch TV from last one month or so… 🙂 My little angel don’t allow me to watch TV other than her 🙂

2. Hahaha.. You have an angel with you who is keeping you away from the bad television. Say my hi to the little one 🙂

Liked by 1 person

3. Alok Vats says:

Yes Avinash, I had a daughter of around 2 years old and she use to keep me busy with so many activities once I reach home at evening. 🙂 I will definitely say Hi to her from you…

1. This blog name sounds familiar 😛

3. teny says:

Nice findings 🙂 Never really liked an Airtel ad for quite a long time. I hated that earlier irritating couple more though 😀

1. I almost got my cable cut because of those couples. Its not only the quality that is bad, the frequency of ad was troubling too. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

4. Shalzzz says:

Tell em about the lovey-dovey couples. It was my husband who hated it more than me *for obvious reasons* and now this one!! God!! *deep sigh*

1. Yes, Airtel is championing the art of bad advertisements. From the communist ad (Jo tera hai, woh mera hai), to those “WTF couples” to this one..

5. Thankfully I have never seen it 😀 But I sued to get a lot of head ache over their playing football over the border ad. I mean what did they ever do for peace anywhere in the world and yet they would appropriate the message as if they are not a telecom company but a mission workign on world peace 😀

1. Yes, it is irritating that they don’t focus on their network and VAS, which is terrible by the way and spend a bomb in advertising. There entire strategy is to do Emotional Attyachar to the viewers

6. Exactly my points. Actually I was discussing about this most irritating ad with my friends…..how come she cooked so many dishes ? :-O Is it essential to cook ? Is caring for your husband means you HAVE to cook for him ? and the most important thing a diligent boss never left her/his subordinates to work alone….

This is a 5 starred post from you… 😀

1. Than you Maniparna. Cooking is such an important part of being a woman in India it seems. I think so even if you are an astronaut, you are suppose to cook for your husband from the space station 🙂

1. Hehe..right you’re… 😀

Liked by 1 person

7. Just reminded me of the brilliant ads they once stood for

LIke:

1. Yes, this was the brilliant one. Airtel leaders, and the one with Rahmen , but they drifted from that to well..

8. Abhijit Ray says:

I really liked the ad. Actually all of them. They are catchy. I agree that if there is so much work how boss is going home on time!

1. Yes, I realized that there was many who liked these ads. Thank you for your comment 🙂

9. Vishal Rathod says:

As spoken you think in the direction which I cannot imagine.This ad was pathetic but doing analysis on it and too this is something out of the box

1. Thank you Vishal for the encouragement. Cheers

10. jyotsnabhatia86 says:

I so hated that earlier ad where they discussed the menu a night before the wedding. And now this. Some serious lacuna in the concept of this new ad. I dont even know on which points should I be more angry or irritated about ?? Well written and well pointed out.

1. Well, its a assuring thing that you all agree with my point.
      Thank you for your comment and i use the guys at airtel will receive it someday, before its too late 😛

11. I had seen this ad but not the courtship ones. I watched them on youtube now and must say all of them are irritating and dumb. Agree with all the points that you have mentioned.

1. I am sorry because of my post you had to suffer those courtship commercials 😛

Thank you for the comment. 🙂